Writing a summary, or summarising, entails providing a clear, short summary of a text’s essential ideas in your own words. The original material is always far longer than a synopsis.
Five key steps that can help you to write a summary
- Read the text
- Break it down into sections
- Identify the key points in each section
- Simplify the sentences
Step 1. Read the text
To ensure that you fully comprehend the material, read it more than once. Three levels of reading are frequently useful:
- Quickly skim the article to gain a feel of its content and general structure.
- Read the material thoroughly, underlining crucial information, and make notes as you go.
- Reread any particularly significant or challenging portions after you have skimmed the article again to be sure you have understood the main ideas.
The Keypoints can be identified using Intellippt tool. Copy/paste the content or upload the PDF or DOCX directly and fetch the top N% (say 40%) of the key sentences in the text.
Pay attention to headings and subheadings. These should give you a good sense of what each part is about. Read the introduction and the conclusion together and compare them: What did the author set out to do, and what was the outcome?
Step 2: Breakdown the content into sections
Divide the material into reasonable chunks to make it easier to read and comprehend its sub-points.
A scientific publication with a normal empirical organization will likely already be divided into sections with distinct headings, which typically include an introduction, methodology, findings, and discussion.
There may not be a clear division into sections for other kinds of articles. However, the majority of articles and essays will be organized around a number of supporting ideas or topics.
Step 3: Identify the Keypoints in each section
Key sentences from the lengthy essay are provided by Intellippt Summarizer. It can quickly scan the text and pull out the top N percent of sentences. This gives the user the appropriate text to read and eliminates a lot of unnecessary material.
We are all aware of how crucial it is to be able to accurately and rapidly sum up information. However, given the abundance of information accessible online, this can frequently seem like a difficult undertaking. But fear not—a remedy has been found!
To help you quickly and simply receive the information you need without spending hours reading, article summarizing software leverages cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology.
Step 4: Simplify the sentences
Natural human languages pose significant challenges since they typically have big vocabulary and intricate constructs that are difficult to understand.
Simplify the content using Intellippt AI summarizer. There are 2 modes. 1. Split long sentences 2. Without split.
Sometimes, it becomes difficult to comprehend long sentences. You can use the split mode and split sentences. Intellippt AI summarizer provides the brief form of the sentence converting difficult sentences into easy ones. It helps you go through the content 3X-5X faster.
Long and complex sentences
Examples for long and complex sentences (collected from the Internet):
- NDAs are commonly signed when two companies, individuals, or other entities (such as partnerships, societies, etc.) are considering doing business and need to understand the processes used in each other’s business for the purpose of evaluating the potential business relationship.
- The email recipient is instructed in the email message to navigate to the provided confirmation hyperlink if and only if they are the person creating an account.
- Therefore, filming in New York could be dangerous as it was close to Edison’s company headquarters, and close to the agents who the company set out to seize cameras.
Intellippt AI-Summarizer’s simplified version
- NDAs are usually signed between two companies, individuals or other entities (such as partnerships, societies, etc.).Considering doing business, need to understand processes. Identifying potential business relationship.
- E-mail recipient to navigate to confirmation link. If and only if they are the person creating account.
- Filming in New York could be dangerous: Edison. And close to agents who set out to seize cameras.
More about summarizer
Summarizing Tool: Intellippt is an AI-based paragraph summarizer that employs both extractive and abstractive summarization processes.
Intellippt, the greatest online summarizer, may be used to do so. The summarise tool takes a paragraph as input and generates a summary paragraph.
Summary Maker: Intellippt is a text simplifier as well as a summarizer. Intellippt is a free tool for summarising.
Online summarizer: It is a word summarizer, simplifier, and professional summary creator that is available online.
Free Summarizing Tool: Intellippt is a free summarising tool and online summarizer.
Online PDF Summarizer for Free: Intellippt accepts PDF files as input. It is an article summary generator.